1. Bring to boil the water pot for the pasta and season with ample
Blanch the Rapini in salted water (use the water later for pasta) for about 2 to 3
3. Heat the olive oil with the red pepper flakes and add the anchovy
fillets (or anchovy paste) to infuse the oil.
4. Sauté the onion until
translucent. While sautéing the onion, blanch the rapini in the salted
boiling water. Finish by adding the diced garlic at the last minute of
sautéing the onion. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Drain the rapini and add to the sauté mixture
and reduce the heat to cook down the liquid while the pasta is cooking.
6. Prepare pasta as directed (suggest: "al-dente"). Prior to adding the
cooked pasta to the cooked rapini, grate about a cup of cheese to mix thoroughly with
Mix pasta and rapini together, add additional olive oil if needed.
7. Serve immediately an d top with imported Romano cheese (grated).
VARIATIONS: Use Italian sausage. Also try substituting Romano
cheese with Ricotta Salata.
Per Serving: Calories = "Who Cares, it's our culture!!"